Hong Kong Visa For Uk Citizens Faqs

Linda asks…

Do I need a visa to visit friends in UAE?

I’m an American citizen, and need to know what the visa requirements are for visiting friends in the United Arab Emirates.

Hong Kong Visa Advisor’s answers:

Visa information

Citizens of the following countries will be issued with a free-of-charge VISIT VISA on entry to the UAE: UK, France, Italy, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Cyprus, Finland, Malta, Spain, Monaco, Vatican, Iceland, Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong. Citizens of other countries should apply to their nearest UAE embassy. More information.

Carol asks…

If I have a UK passport do I need a Tier 4 Visa?

I have a “EU United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland” passport which says “British Citizen” under Nationality.
However my Place of Birth is Hong Kong and I currently live there too. Will I need to apply for a Tier 4 Student visa if I’m doing a 3-year course at QMUL starting from September 2013?
I find it very confusing because of all the different types of passports and ‘citizenships’ / ‘nationalities’ there are…

Hong Kong Visa Advisor’s answers:

British citizen have the right of abode in the UK; they do not need any visa ..

James asks…

Can UK citizens apply for Chinese Z (working) visa in Canada?

I need to get my work visa organised and I’m visiting Canada for a week. I need to know if I can apply for it there or if the only options I have are to return to the UK and get it or apply in Hong Kong. Time is of the essence right now so any and all advice is appreciated.

Hong Kong Visa Advisor’s answers:

You apply in a country where you RESIDE normally.

A visitor cannot normally apply for visas except in very rare circumstances.

HK used to allow visitor visas (for china) to be applied in HK, but have gone through various phases of not allowing at all except for local resident permit holders, to allowing 1 visitor visa and the next one from home (to allow for emergencies).

For Z and other long term visa’s you will absolutely need to apply from your normal place of living (not least because it is not instant), it also needs Embassy certified medical documents from approved medical centers etc. All of which wll need to be local to that country.

If you currently live in the UK.
You have to apply in the UK.

Steven asks…

if i get a 7 hour connection at Hong Kong on the way to Manila?

is there a way I can leave the Airport for a few hours?
sorry, i meant to say, I have a UK passport and I’m flying from London

Hong Kong Visa Advisor’s answers:

Since you are a UK citizen you do not need a visa to visit Hong Kong, so I don;t see any reason why not. Though you will need to go through customs etc to leave the airport.

Sharon asks…

Visa Questions can anybody help me out pls thanks?

Ok if you are a British Passport Holder(UK) Do you need a visa to get into Australia, Singapore and Shanghai(China)?

And As for Australian Passport and New Zealand Passport holders do they need Visa for entry into these following countries Singapore and Shanghai(China)?

Hong Kong Visa Advisor’s answers:

The following statements apply to tourist visa.

Passport holders of Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom (all passports) may enter Singapore visa free for 30 days. An extension of stay is possible for a fee of SG$ 40.

For China a visa is required for Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.
Australia and New Zealand passport holders do not need a transit visa (G Visa) if they transit via Shanghai and staying for less than 48 hours (going out of the airport is allowed).
British passport holders need a transit visa even if the stay in the international area of a Chinese airport.

UK passport bearers which are British citizens may visit Australia on a tourist visa (eVisitor subclass 651) which is not affixed to the passport but issued by e-mail after online application. The visa is free of charge, no handling fee must be paid.
UK passport holders (BNO) which are residents of Hong-Kong can visit Australia for 3 months on an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) which is issued by e-mail. The visa is free of charge, the handling fee is AUS$ 20.
For longer stay an Electronic Tourist Visa (e676) can be obtained online. The visa is free of charge.
For obtaining a visa at an Australian Embassy the fee is AUS$ 100 (£50 at present)


Powered by Yahoo! Answers